This Church shall adhere to the statement of faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America below
- We believe the Scripture, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His Will for the salvation of men and the divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice of our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through the regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by this Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He himself is the Head.
- We believe that only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of this Church, and that every local church has the entrusted responsibility under Christ to decide and govern her own affair.
- We believe in the personal premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
Position Statement – Marriage
We believe that God first created man and then created woman, from the man, as a counterpart to the man. He then brought the woman to the man and established marriage as a one-flesh relationship between the man and the woman. We therefore define “marriage” as a legal covenant between a man and a woman for an exclusive relationship. A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized as a legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with this definition of “marriage.”